The next few months
Right so after Christmas there’s 9/10 months until we all leave for uni or part and go our separate ways. I’ve had some real skepticism about leaving but I think it’s going to be a great thing for me and a lot of the people I know, I think being in 1 place for years and years is burdenous and I know I need some time away. I can’t wait for a new start somewhere but in the same respect I can’t wait to make new friends and see how my oldest and dearest friends fair in their new adventures. I know i’ll keep in touch with those who matter most because I frankly couldn’t picture any form of a life without those big gays I cal my friends (yeah you jon and liv and pudan you’ll see this I hope)
But over the next months I have some real work to do ergo:
- Get good A level grades
- Get into UCL or Bristol or Birmingham
- Make amends with the many, many people i’ve wronged/fallen out with
- Keep this job going or find a more suitable and fun one
- Get more experience on stage and in a band
- Plan some pretty epic events like my school’s prom and a social or two
- Get into a financial state where i’m comfortable leaving and living on my own
- Get fit or at least comfortable with my own image
- Record some music in a studio both with a band and on my own
- Build a pretty slick record collection
- Stop feeling so damn sorry for myself, grow a pair and speak to those who i’ve been too afraid to for so long.
I though i’d put this in as some sort of focal point to focus my efforts on for the next few months and hopefully inform you i’m not as directionless and woeful as I appear.
"Which is worse, a lie that draws a smile? Or a truth that draws a tear?" - Miracle on 34th street.